- Attention all PAVE LOW Family!! We're looking to do something for a PAVE LOW Gunner. A Go Fund Me account has been established by Glenn Fleming to get Will Eaton a ride on a vintage airplane. Why? Because that's what the PAVE LOW Family does and he could use to know we're thinking of him. Any help would be greatly appreciated. https://www.gofundme.com/kq86agp8
- New merchandise in our On-line store
- The Financial Statement page is updated.
- The Job Network page is updated.
- If you lost a challenge coin at Redlands Mesa Golf Course in Grand Junction, CO, please let me know. Someone found your coin and is willing to return it.
- Updated design to our website is coming soon. It will be a much cleaner layout, readability will be much easier, and a few other great features. Hat Tip to Kevin Forrest for his work!
- New historical document (An Air Commando and Special Operations Chronology)
- Sad news. Kelly Young passed away on August 19th.
Kelly Fredrick Young was born March 17,1950 in Ft Knox, Kentucky. He passed away on at the age of 65 surrounded by his family. He is survived by his wife Kaylin of 40 years. His three daughters Brenda Kapanak, husband Kristopher Kapanak, Christina Young, and Stacy Lozada, husband Enrique Lozada. He is the proud grandfather of 8 beautiful grandchildren from ages 2-20 years old. He served this country honorably for 24 years in the United States Air Force. He was a helicopter crew chief, teacher & aircraft inspector. Kelly retired as a Master Sargent in 1993. He continued to service for another 19 years in the civil service. Of all of his accomplishments the greatest are, his dedication as a son, husband, father, and grandfather. He will be greatly missed.
- On August 15, 1970, the first trans-Pacific helicopter flight was accomplished. Two HH-53s flew from Eglin Air Force Base, Florida, to DaNang Air Base, South Vietnam. The nine day flight made by Lt Col William Farrow Williams (69-5788) and Lt Col Frederick Donahue (69-5787) piloted the 14 hour trans-Pacific flight from Shemya AB, Alaska, to Misawa AB, Japan. I believe Tom Green was one of the FEs as well.
- Visit our Merchandise Store to purchase vanity plates, koozies, decals, and more.
INFO FOR THE COMMUNITY
- Back Pain in Rotary Wing Community
- Combat Related Special Compensation (CRSC)
- Insight & offer from Steve Kelly (PAVE Pilot):
Diagnosed w/ cancer Oct '08
- Two great articles regarding health issues:
1. New research links Iraq dust to ill soldiers
2. Iraq Dust is Respirable, Sharp, And Metal Laden